AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

de-pescribing insulin and medication for diabetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iknow
Posted 3/6/2023 12:48 (#10126301 - in reply to #10101394)
Subject: RE: de-pescribing insulin and medication for diabetics

I feel i need to chime in here.
There are a couple of things that I would like to point out.
indeed, 100 units per day of insulin is a significant dose.
I see you said regular insulin. For a person with such high resistance levels, and must be high blood sugar levels, the
proper way to control would have been to give a fast acting insulin at or before each meal, and depending on blood sugars, to have a long acting at night. If you were only using 2 injections of R, your body was constantly playing catch up, and I never noted any long acting insulin mentioned.

Yes, diet is a key to controling diabetes, but sometimes, we need to do a few things to help

Metformin, one of the safer drugs, despite what wild videos you see on youtube. you are correct, it helps to cut down on your insulin resistance. I agree, this is where more drug development needs to be done, rather than increasing the amount of insulin in the
body. Some of the newer meds, such as trulicity, ozempic, monjouro, others....besides being expensive (usually better than $800 per month), do encourage the production of of insulin. Some do have some other unique ways to help lower blood sugar, such as slowing down the gut, to cutting down on the amount of glucose the liver puts into the drug stream.

Yes, there are medications in pill form, some of them basicly have the kidneys take the glucose out of the blood and goes out as
urine, but this has 2 bad things, first, increase the glucose level in the urine, that sets up people for infections, second, diabetes has
an impact on the kidneys, now you are going to work them even harder and push bigger monocules thru the filtration, thusly damaging the kidneys even more !!!

It is great that you got off insulin, and if you watch the diet, it might be possible, but some look to keto, the problem with that tho is
the high levels of protein, which also injure the kidney....i hope they are fallowing you with "protein levels" in your urine.
that is the problem with diabetics wanting to go with a keto diet...the disease is already damaging the kidneys, then you add on the large sized proteins going thru the sives of the kidney...so just making things worse....moderation is the key.

I would suggest if a diabetic, to seek the advice from an endo....some gp's seem to just want to throw things at probelms, such as keep increasing the insulin levels, rather than attack the cause.

congradulations on taking control of your health. I wish you well and continued success...I hope at some day I can do the same, but I have several issues to contend with.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)