AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

de-pescribing insulin and medication for diabetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/22/2023 11:35 (#10106794 - in reply to #10106751)
Subject: Bikman and preventing/reversing diabetes

Pittsburg, Kansas
Everyone requires insulin. It is necessary for life and performs many functions in the body. Type I diabetics make no insulin so must rely on insulin shots or they lack energy, have very high blood glucose, eat like a horse yet can not gain weight, and eventually waste away as skin and bones. Insulin is important.

The more insulin resistant a person is, the more insulin it takes to drive blood glucose into cells and do its job. Standard medical practice is to increase insulin to the point blood glucose comes down. This is done with either pills (that cause the pancreas to put out more insulin) or with external shots of insulin. (One exception is Metformin). They are treating blood glucose rather than treating the root cause, insulin resistance. They are giving the type II diabetic more of what they already have too much of. They are treating the symptom rather than the disease.

I started out on pills. First a sulfonurea, then later added something else. Then doctor eventually wanted me off the sulfonurea because of possible cancer or some such other thing. They change their mind once in a while. Then about 25-30 years ago he said best long term results were taking insulin shots. So I started taking, once a day, 2 units of regular insulin. That amount had to be increased somewhat regularly to keep my blood glucose down. I was taught by the doctor to self adjust as needed. That is how 25 years later I was up to two different kinds of insulin in 4 shots a day totaling 100 units. A long slow story. That is what they tell you. Diabetes type II is a progressive disease. It does not get better, you just adjust and control it the best you can. THAT IS A COMPLETE AND UTTER LIE! Type II is reversible, to varying degrees, depending how long a person has had it and how "burnt out" the pancreas has become becausee of the many years of its abuse. With diet change. As simple as that.

One thing they don't tell you about insulin is it is a growth hormone. You see when insulin levels are high, you can not burn body fat. And insulin tells the body to store any excess energy as fat. So when a person is already insulin resistant they already have very high level of home made insulin. Then add insulin shots they have even higher levels of insulin. More recent research indicates high chronic insulin levels burn out Beta cells in the pancreas - the very cells needed to produce insulin. Think about that for a bit.

People who go on insulin shots gain an average of about 25 pounds within two years of starting the shots. I was no exception. 2-3# a year for the 30+ years I had been taking insulin increasing medicine and/or insulin shots accounted for most of the 100 pounds gained that I lost when I finally learned how to properly manage my diabetes and got off all the medicine and insulin shots.

Once I understoof insulin and my disease (insulin resistance) and started treating the disease instead of the symptom of the disease (high blood glucose), I started healing my pancreas and reversed most of the problems of diabetes.

If you want to learn about insulin, do a search on YouTube for Dr Benjamin Bikman. He is not a medical doctor, but instead a PHD researcher and teacher. He knows insulin and has made it his life mission to study it. He has the real story that every diabetic, either type I or type II (and even type III), needs to hear and understand to ever understand their disease/condition. He is not bound by medical dogma nor beholding to pharmacy. He tells it like it is.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=dr+benjamin+bikma...

Edit: If a person would get a "fasting insulin" blood test they could learn of their "problem" in time to do something about it before it becomes full blown diabetes. By the time blood glucos or A1c test goes out of range, insulin has been excessively high in the blood stream for probably at least ten years. Diabetes type II should be diagnosed at least ten years before it ever is, simply because doctors do not order the fasting insulin test nor understand how to evaluate it. Knowing ahead, and understanding how to reverse it, a person would never need to get to the stage of full blown diabetes. But we have a "sick care" medical system, not a "health care" system. So it is what it is. Caveat emptor. Let the buyer beware.

Edited by John Burns 2/22/2023 11:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)