AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

de-pescribing insulin and medication for diabetics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 2/22/2023 11:10 (#10106751 - in reply to #10101394)
Subject: RE: de-pescribing insulin and medication for diabetics

Kettle Moraine, WI
John Burns - 2/18/2023 20:07

Here are some doctors describing case studies of how they did it. I was able to get off 100 units of insulin in four daily shots within two weeks of starting low carb. But a person needs to know there are dangers involved and be aware and have proper guidance. This gives some examples of how doctors did it with their patients.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BSKgPTsI7fw

Type II not a progressive disease if treated properly. If it doesn't go in the mouth, it can't end up in the blood stream.

100 units sounds like a lot especially for type 2 from my quick internet search. Some sources have a 1 unit of insulin processes 10 grams of carbs, give or take. But appears a high insulin resistance requires more insulin for less carbs. I think I have the words right. Is there some background insulin need in the body or was 100 units wholly to offset a very high carb diet? In other posts you mention "cheating" or "just living life" by having a celebratory piece of pie or other carb food while on low carb lifestyle, does glucose levels drop in a satisfactory amount of time by themselves in the context of no/low card eating? I am sensing carbs, blood glucose, and response are not something that fits a perfect 1+1=2 calculation not equally for everyone with and without diabetes.

Have several family members with it so trying to be educated myself. (And eating less carbs)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)