AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A better QuickBooks replacement? ZarMoney
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Flagship
Posted 2/24/2023 14:40 (#10110737 - in reply to #10109723)
Subject: RE: A better QuickBooks replacement? ZarMoney

Here's what you can migrate from from QB (or other accounting software with similarly structured data):

Currently, you can import your CUSTOMERS, VENDORS, and ITEMS with their opening balances or quantities.  (So, customer accounts receivable balances; vendor accounts payable balances; and for inventory Items, current inventory value and quantity on hand.)

Additionally, you can import your CHART OF ACCOUNTS and PRICE LIST (Price levels ).

Oddly, lists with > 1,000 lines have to be split into 1,000 line chunks, but ZarMoney provides a utility to get that done.

So migrating would best be done by "going live" on Jan. 1 (first day of your fiscal year), or maybe by running both your old and new accounting programs in December to get a good handle on how ZarMoney works--to get the kinks out.

ZarMoney downloads bank and credit card transactions.

> Quickbooks ...really starting to piss me off. I looked at qb online and found out for me to be worthless for tax prep. I feel they are going to really suffer in client base if they keep current path.

I agree with all three of your comments.

So far I miss some things QB has, but also have found some little things ZarMoney has that QB doesn't--especially compared to QBO.

Major thing missing is Cash Basis reporting...which they've promised me by mid-year.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)