AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why meat consumption is so important
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/16/2023 17:09 (#10098032 - in reply to #10097617)
Subject: eating only animal products

Pittsburg, Kansas
Thanks for that testimony! Mybe I am not crazy after all!

Funny you started out on the Lion diet. Over the last four years we have transitioned from low carb ketogenic where we ate quite a lot of vegetables (mostly green) to the last year where we mostly eat meat. I guess I would call us "ketovore". 90-95% animal products with a smattering of plant stuff to make meals a little more interesting. My wife loves onions so they get used a lot in things like meatloaf or as a grilled topping for a hamburger. Dill pickles and olives are nearly always on the table. And that is about it for vegetables.

Oh on occasion wife will buy a single green pepper, chop it up small pieces and put it on our skilet meat pizza, maybe some black olives too. For desert our low carb desert might have 8-12 blueberries or rasberries on top. Or a couple big strawberries chopped up on top.

Some meals end up with zero plant material.

But we have transitioned mostly to fatty meat. If something is too lean it gets butter on top. Or a hamburger that is pretty lean may get a slab of pork belly on top. We are fat burners for sure.

My wife was mostly the reason for the transition to a nearly all meat diet. I never had much of a problem with the veggie portion of our low carb meals for my needs, but for her the less she has of them the better she feels. If it wasn't for loving onions and olives she would probably go full carnivore. She has for a month at a time.

Edited by John Burns 2/16/2023 17:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)