AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why meat consumption is so important
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/10/2023 16:42 (#10088385 - in reply to #10088261)
Subject: bridging the knowledge gap

Pittsburg, Kansas
Bikman is a Morman so I know he believes in creation also.

I believe in both. I don't think one excludes the other. It is that we just don't understand all the nuances of each. My example is how parents might answer the question of a 4 year old about where babies come from. The parents likely would answer something like "momies tummy" when pointing to the pregnant mother. It is not technecially the truth. But to explain to a four year old conception and anatomically correct baby development and the birtth process is probably more than the 4 year old can comprehend. So we tell them the somewhat truth on a level they can understand and will accept.

I look at the Bible as the word of God in the same context. After all, the words were physically written down by humans with their human capabilities of their time. It is Gods word to a people in the context that they could comprehend for their level of knowledge for that time period (I assume we understand a lot more now than they did back then). If God is all knowing, it doesn't automatically mean he tells us everything or that we could even understand it if he did. For him a day in eternity might be 100,000 years of human life. It is hard for me to even contemplate eternity. So when he created the earth and heavens in six days and rested on the seventh, maybe he was just talking to his two year old children in His explanation. Maybe we are now three years old and can understand a little more.

I can't speak for Bikman, but I would guess he has something similar in idea to bridge the gap of his religious beliefs and his scientific knowledge.

Edited by John Burns 2/10/2023 17:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)