AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diet and mental health
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/5/2023 08:24 (#10079387 - in reply to #10078700)
Subject: RE: Diet and oxygen toxicity

Pittsburg, Kansas
Dom DeAgustino (sp?) is a former Navy Seal and researcher that has been involved in both diet and oxygen toxicity testing on military units operating with rebreathers and subject to the dangers of oxygen toxicity. It was found a strict ketogenic diet gave better tolerance against oxygen toxicity.

He has also done some research on cancer and diet combined with decompression chamber pressureized oxygen therapy (has been known to help burn patients and used as a therapy for many years now).

It is of interest to me for not only the cancer aspect, but as a diver diving NITROX (enriched air - higher oxygen content) also the toxicity issue because if I dive too deep on Nitrox it can kill a diver with oxygen toxicity. No symptoms or warning. Just go into convultions while deep under water and dead. That is why I use a dive computer to track my oxygen concentration as well as the standard nitrogen accumulation (32% NITROX max depth of 110 feet).

He has several Youtube interviews. Oh heck, I will just look up a link and post it.

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=dom+d%27agostino

Edited by John Burns 2/5/2023 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)