AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgChem 994 vs RG900B
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tech man
Posted 1/25/2023 08:24 (#10058661 - in reply to #10058509)
Subject: RE: AgChem 994 vs RG900B

The desert of MN.
I worked on both and there are a few differences.

994 cat motor and older chassis electronics. Yes 45-50 degrees and colder can be hard to start. The cold weather package helped with a third battery and a valve to destroke the steering pump but still not the best in cold weather. Cat Huei injection system needs oil pressure to fire the injectors. 10w-30 instead of 15w-40 also helps a bunch and be used year round.
It still used the first AgChem CAN electronics. There were a fair amount of issues with it at first when it came out but was much better the last few years.

RG900 if its a 2012 its a "A" model. AGCO power engine will be a tier 4i with def. tier 4i to mee seem to be the most reliable so far. Quiet, easy on fuel and start good in the cold. Yes it has DEF but it seems to be a good system. It will have a newer CAN BUS electrical system. Less modules and seem to hold up better. The 2012 did have some chassis harness issues. Ask if the chassis harness has ever been replaced, it's a big job if it has not. 2013 had the better harness.

Both machines have the newer drive system with power hubs and hydraulic motors. much better than the 2010 and older wheel motors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)