AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cattle camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/25/2023 09:22 (#10058790 - in reply to #10058219)
Subject: RE: Cattle camera

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
One consideration is if you have Internet access available in the barn. If you do you will have several choices and those specifically dealing with cattle might be a better choice.

If you don't have Internet access in the barn then there may be a way to obtain it if you have Internet Access somewhat close. There are a variety of products which can do this.

For example, our corn dryer is on the place where my great nephew lives. He has Internet access in his house. A camera was placed in the dryer shack pointed at the dryer controls etc. This camera was barely out of range to his Internet in his house. He used a WiFi extender in the dryer shack. The camera is plugged into the extender. The extender rebroadcasts the information which is picked up by his Internet in his house and transferred to a website. Any of us who have the app on our phones and Internet access can then view the operation of the dryer. That means he can check on it in his house, I can check on it at my place or anywhere I can get Internet Access. This works well. If I notice the dryer has shut down in the middle of the night, I can call him and he can go out and investigate.

If you don't have Internet access in the barn, it is possible to use a direct connection between the camera and a smartphone as a viewer. I have a couple of these. I use one in my combine for a backup camera. The downside to this approach is that the smartphone and the camera need to be reasonably close to each other. Unless you are reasonably close to the barn, this probably would not be workable for your situation.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)