AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader GPS 7500 speed output setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 1/25/2023 07:39 (#10058575 - in reply to #10057075)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader GPS 7500 speed output setup

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I do this with Ag Leader GPS 6500s in my Deere 8xxx tractors. An adapter is used to connect the speed out branch of the GPS cable to the 3 pin connector that would be used with an actual radar gun. On the Deere 8xxx tractors this connector is generally under the muffler area below the cab.

As the above post indicates, a rather cryptic command needs to be typed into one of the screens on the Ag Leader display. In my case, I am using InCommand 1200s. On the InCommand 1200, this is done on the bottom of the screen that shows the GPS messages scrolling by. The message consists of two parts. The first part actually turns ON the speed out feature. The second part causes the setting to be SAVED for future use.

If you forget to use the Save message, the speed will be turned ON but revert back to OFF once the GPS is powered down. This will require you to type this in again, this time use the word Save. I did a GPS update once and had to repeat the process, since the GPS update reset the message to OFF. This is not a problem with an update to the Ag Leader display but only with an update to the GPS itself. I printed out the GPS message on a slip of paper and have this stowed in the glove box in each tractor.

I have now traded one of my 6500's for a 7500. It has the TerraStar unlock. I had the dealer setup a yearly subscription at their shop. This was not successful the first attempt but appeared to be successful the second day. The GPS has been installed back on the planting tractor but I haven't actually tried using it due to snowbanks. I will likely need to enter in the code I used with the 6500's or something similar in the new 7500. In the Deere 8310R, I did need to go into the tractor dash and change the Deere speed cal number used for the tractor dash slightly. I did that by trial & error. I changed the speed cal in the Deere diagnostic screen until the % Slip showed zero. In my case, it wasn't terribly critical that the dash was exactly correct since all application is done within the Ag Leader system itself.

If this emulated speed out is being used directly to a Raven spray controller, a standalone planter monitor etc., the speed can be fined tuned in those devices themselves by adjusting their speed cal numbers slightly. This is what AVP Matt above is referring to with the Raven 660.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)