AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mass shootings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Maxzillian
Posted 1/25/2023 13:54 (#10059343 - in reply to #10059315)
Subject: RE: Mass shootings

I feel like we're going off the rails of what I was even commenting on just because I used the word "county" and at some level words are being put in my mouth.

I'm not suggesting that stiffer laws are effective or should be enacted. I'm just saying it's flawed to look at one city or state and say, "this doesn't work", for the sole reason that a person can still legally go elsewhere and purchase/obtain a firearm without much difficulty. They don't need to find a black market or some hook-up; they can just go hang out at a Cabela's over in the neighboring state for a few hours and leave with a shiny new gun.

If anyone wants to make those comparisons they need to look at regions where that ease of access doesn't exist. That's all I am saying.

In regards to illegal weapons being used for "mass shootings" they are the minority. https://www.statista.com/statistics/476461/mass-shootings-in-the-us-...
That said I am with you that at least some of these would have still occurred with illegally obtained weapons instead.

Edited by Maxzillian 1/25/2023 13:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)