AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mass shootings
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

oldbones
Posted 1/25/2023 13:42 (#10059315 - in reply to #10058728)
Subject: RE: Mass shootings

Floyd County, Iowa
Your "next county" remark is exactly what I was calling you out on. The last I knew, the SCOTUS ruled that the ban on the scary black rifle and high capacity magazines is unconstitutional, but Illinois is going against the ruling, trying to ban them. But most counties are not going against the SCOTUS ruling simply because the governor there thinks he can deem it so. A background check is still a mandatory requirement, no matter which county you buy it in.

"Now to be clear and specific: I'm referring to obtaining firearms not whether they're legal to possess in any particular city or state."
The laws will always be circumvented, because the perpetrators don't care about laws, and don't buy them legally. They will ALWAYS possess guns, because they, being inherently criminal, will not buy them legally.
Certainly, you must be aware that the black market is too big and too established (world wide) to simply think that the cure is to apply for a purchase permit and wait for permission to buy one, or ban them altogether.

Just because something is made illegal, doesn't mean that it won't happen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)