AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding autosteer to 7120 magnum
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ljadx160
Posted 1/23/2023 13:21 (#10055199 - in reply to #10054775)
Subject: RE: Adding autosteer to 7120 magnum

North Central Iowa
Some answers might depend on where you are at. If in a state with a state run CORS system, running RTK might become more financially attractive and the suggestions of using may be different.

For instance Iowa, and from what I’ve heard, Ohio have decent CORS systems. So going to digifarm is not as strong of recommendation, though generally heard good things about them and is sort of the easy button.

I have been happy enough with ez steers. Some on tractors with RTK, some not. I have in my JD4960, JD8110, and case stx375. Also have used in a JD4240. Sometimes takes some time tuning, the 4WD stx has been the trickiest. Planning on putting ez steer in my combine this year as well. I can plant 15” beans with the 8110 on rtk with ez steer and spray down the rows with same tractor and pull sprayer and you can’t hardly see where I’ve driven (most of the time). Regular row crop tires, not sure of size.

The only tractor I don’t like the bulk of the ez steer in is the 4960. Works well enough, but not a lot of room in that cab around the steering column for my knees and blocks some of the dash.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)