AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eating out
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 12/31/2022 12:45 (#10013866 - in reply to #10012907)
Subject: RE: Eating out

Aggieland
Alsups never disappoints!

I live near a large college town so the eatery choices is abundant. There are several locally owned choices and many national brands here. I used to eat Whataburger three to four times a week but not long after they sold out to Chicago I started noticing a change and sure enough they dropped Sygma who was their food supplier since I was a kid for McLane (Walmart own them) and I just decided if I was going to pay $10-12 for a burger combo I didn’t enjoy and padded pockets of investors I could pay $13-15 for the locally owned and ran Texas Burger that is leaps and bounds tastier just slower service and fewer locations.

I think many restaurants are feeling the pinch of inflation as buying out to most people is a discretionary buy as I can cook most everything I buy out just as well at home. I know we’ve cut back for two reasons, 1. We moved 30 miles outside said college town and 2 with four kids it’s a $60-100 regardless where we go.

My favorite west Texas restaurants were the family ran Mexican joints where the kids were bussing tables and Abuela was making the tortillas fresh!

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)