AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing pharmacies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 12/21/2022 15:37 (#9996048 - in reply to #9995542)
Subject: RE: Changing pharmacies

n.c.iowa

You are in charge of your own health, not preaching, just stating a fact…..

I take a once weekly 2mg dose of ozempic for diabetes. Started this spring, been working good for me, as luck would have it the usda also approved that dose for weight loss.

I get my prescription filled once a month, it is automatic refill, my wife gets a text usually 10 days before my old monthly prescription runs out.

So in November the prescription notification goes overdue, I take my weekly shot on Sunday, on Wednesday I call my pharmacy to see what the deal is. The pharmacist tells me that they have had a hard time getting in the 2mg dose and they’re not exactly sure that it’s gonna come in, and she encourages me to call around to see if I can find.

I call around for a 60mile radius from my location in north iowa, I can’t find it anywhere.  I call back to my pharmacy, “hey I got a idea, why can’t I double up on the 1mg shot I was taking before”? “ that to us would work just fine, we don’t see any issue with that,” says my pharmacist. “Just call your doc up and have them us send a script for it”.  Cool, I call my doc up, explain the gig, they’re on board. It’s gonna work out.

late Friday afternoon, I haven’t heard anything, call my pharmacist up to see what the deal is, “insurance won’t pay for it”, is the reply.  “Well I kinda need the stuff, what's it cost”?   “Right around $800”…was the reply, “just wait though, a shipment just came in let me look”.  A few minutes go by, “it looks like one prescription has come in, if you hustle over here, it’s yours”….

So this month the same thing all over again, except we started about 10 days before I needed to do my shot, found one pharmacy locally that’s got all kinds of it that I forgot to check with the first time. Don’t really like doing business with this pharmacy, but I guess I’ll have to make a exception.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)