AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keton testing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

2TrakR
Posted 12/22/2022 07:24 (#9997049 - in reply to #9996922)
Subject: RE: Keton testing

Saginaw Bay Area - Michigan
John Burns - 12/22/2022 06:50

I think for the average person it is more of a novelty rather than a tool.

That's a good way of putting it. The concerning part from my perspective is the novelty/fad aspect of it. When looking for keto-related recipes and ideas I've stumbled on what I'll call fad diet sites that want to sell you a book and sell you certain food products and lists that you have to follow and things you have to do (like monitoring). Maybe that is what some people need, but for me that sort of setup leads to an inflexible structure that's prone to failure. Setting the bar too high, will lead many to give up due to the excess work or lack of success achieving certain levels.

Keep it simple and don't be afraid to slowly adapt, as in "no carbs, no sugar" but not overnight.

The real sad part is all of the misinformation that has been "fed" to us over the years. I recall being put on a diet as a pre-teen by the doc and oh gosh was it horrible. Guess what? It did not last nor was it effective in the least (probably counter effective). Had keto-like diets been recommended, could have been a game changer. Maybe not, it does take some experience or "age wisdom" to be able to understand certain things.

It is massively difficult to believe that bacon, butter and eggs are not bad for me. That message (that they are bad) has been such an underlying premise preached by those that should know (med pros, govt, teachers, etc) it is just plain difficult to accept that was all misinformation (for the most part). It's not some conspiracy, just bad science that became supported by group think. Weird how there are other current issues that are affected in the same way.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)