AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keton testing
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/22/2022 05:50 (#9996922 - in reply to #9996737)
Subject: RE: Keton testing

Pittsburg, Kansas
I agree with your sentiment. I think for the average person it is more of a novelty rather than a tool.

Of courss if that is my rule, there are always exceptions. For example if a person was so carb adicted they wanted the benefits of being a fat burner but still wanted every last carb they could have and be so, the ketone meter could guide them on exactly how low they had to get the carb count and still meet their goal.

Another situation might me for a patient self monitoring should they have a disease that the doctor had prescribed a low carb diet for benefit of the treatment. The meter would be a feedback for the patient showing them that the occasional "cheat" meal or snack would kick them out of ketosis for perhaps a few days and could be the encouragement for them to "stay the course" with planned meals.

But for most people, just cut out the main source of carbs, look up food carb counts so a person knows which foods are actually high carb, and become a label reader to successfully avoid all the hiden sugar (tose's) in processed foods.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)