AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rental eviction ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

IADAVE
Posted 12/11/2022 03:13 (#9976729 - in reply to #9976662)
Subject: RE: rental eviction ?

I don't know about Ohio.
In Iowa I had to sue one to get him out. Lawyer charged $250 for a 30 day eviction and then we had to file for a 3 day. Evidently on the 3 day my lawyer filed for back rent and next months rent. He showed up with a check and got his stuff out
at the exact time he as supposed to be in court. I suspect our lawyer informed him we would sue him again every month until the property was rented out if he jerked us around. We did not get paid damages as he claimed he did not break the doors in.
Oddly enough he did that when he got notice to evict. The doors were not even locked!
One can take them to small claims court here. Once one gets a judgment then one has to go back to court to garnish wages, attach assets and seize bank accounts.
Here I believe it is either 7 or 9 years it has to be renewed.
Most quit their jobs as soon as their wages are garnished.
If you can evict this time of year you are lucky. In Iowa it is November until May if they have minor children.
I once had a gal change her mailing address to mine in November. It takes no documentation to do that. I had to wait until May to get her out. I was going to burn the house down but was told I would have to provide housing until May if the house burned.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)