AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Investing funds
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

r82230
Posted 12/7/2022 08:00 (#9969680 - in reply to #9969060)
Subject: RE: Investing funds

Thumb of Michigan
farkfamilyfarm - 12/6/2022 19:26

What are your thoughts on investing right now and who would you trust? I’m thinking like JP Morgan or Edward Jones, and probably a managed account with a diversified portfolio. Thinking more of a lower risk, with a steady return, versus a high risk account…you know steady Eddie wins the race. I want something I can access if a piece of farm ground comes available on short notice Thank you!

Well, this is kind of a loaded question, you want to invest in a diversified portfolio, yet access to buy real estate. Which of these goals is your priority? If investing is the goal, then a diversified portfolio would work for long-term (over 7-year goal). To purchase real estate, I'd suggest just looking an inflation protection bond fund (7-year or under goal). Under NO circumstances would I suggest an annuity/life insurance product. A national brokerage firm would work, as well as do-it yourself type places (TD Ameritrade, Fidelity, Janus, etc.).

A little background, I've been a CFP since 1994 and spent over 30 years in the financial services field as a day job (now retired).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)