AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader steering a Massey 6716S
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/24/2022 10:16 (#9947680 - in reply to #9947634)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader steering a Massey 6716S

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The above is correct as far as a steering unlock for the InCommand 1200. Back when the Ag Leader Insight was current, a steering unlock was available and necessary to allow the Insight to work with Trimble's Nav II for hydraulic steering. Later Ag Leader and Trimble fell out of favor with each other and that unlock was no longer available. The Insights that had the unlock continued to work with the Nav II.

Since that time, the Insight has been replaced with the Integra and more recently the InCommand 1200. Neither of them have that type of steering unlock available. This means they will not work with a Trimble Nav II or III. There are other steering controllers that they will work with.

The SteerCommand Z2 is an Ag Leader product that works with hydraulic steering valves or through a vehicles CAN on certain tractors with an InCommand 1200. I have one of those on my Deere 8310R. There are other types of unlocks that may pertain with certain combinations of equipment.

Ag Leader also has an assisted steering product (motor turns steering wheel for you) called Steady Steer. I have one of those on my Deere 9770 combine.

The steering unlock for the Insight and the unlock I needed for my Deere 8310R were one time fees and not subscriptions. Subscriptions would refer to a reoccurring charge. I do use Ag Leader 6500s for my GPS source. They have a one time unlock which allow me to use TerraStar correction. That is an unlock and is a one time charge. I do have to pay for a short term or yearly subscription for the Terra service each year. So once I've paid for the unlocks, I just have the subscription to the TerraStar folks each year. I have 3 GPS 6500s, all three of which have the TerraStar unlock but I only purchase a yearly subscription for one. It gets used for planting but gets moved to the Hagie Sprayer and Deere combine in season.

Edited by tedbear 11/24/2022 10:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)