AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leasing a pickup vs buying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kb ag
Posted 11/25/2022 10:49 (#9949130 - in reply to #9948956)
Subject: RE: Leasing a pickup vs buying

nc ks
Lol. I don't think hardly anybody is saying to do that. There are a lot of 15 year old pickups that are sharper than some 2 year old pickups if you are not where rust eats them up immediately. Mid 2000's pickups especially were comfortable and rugged and had several engine choices including a rock solid diesel that has both power and longevity. They will stay out of the shop for unexpected things much better than a brand new one in many cases......and for not much money. Some of us guys still have several of those that you guys traded off. If somebody has the money to trade every year and wants to or has a need to work 100's of miles from home or needs to pull trailers 100's of miles daily, warranty might be important in order to keep the truck on the road. No matter why you buy a new truck every year, that is great. Just don't try to tell us it is the smart money move if it is just your daily driver around the farm.

I'm going to say what I shouldn't say out loud. If you are not sure whether you should buy a new pickup or not, ask yourself a question when you are setting in the new one before trading the old one. Do I feel more secure in what this truck is going to be able to do for me without breaking down or do I just feel more important in this new truck. If you have the money and want to use disposable income on a new truck, by all means do it. Some people look efficient in a new pickup and some people just look entitled and silly.

Edited by kb ag 11/25/2022 11:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)