AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS7500 question about Terrastar Unlock = YES
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

4WD
Posted 11/23/2022 18:26 (#9946628)
Subject: GPS7500 question about Terrastar Unlock = YES

Between Omaha and Des Moines, 7 miles South of I80

I bought 2 GPS7500 receivers, this last Spring/Summer. ( Both are less than one year old, currently)

Looking into Terrastar -C Pro ($2000 unlock fee, if starting from WAAS) and/or Terrastar X (Addt'L $3000 from Terrastar to RTK or Terrastar "X" )

Gps guy at one implement dealer, figures if it currently says "Terrastar unlock" = YES; then I should be able to get buy with just buying a new subscription (for C-Pro = $825 for 3 months OR $1050 for a FULL year of Terrastar C-Pro)

Here's my question: It states on one of the sales documents, that if you purchased a NEW GPS7500, then it comes with "One-year free subscription for Terrastar L." {My guess is the reason, my GPS7500 says "YES" to the Terrastar unlock, is because they are less than 1 year old, it that may go away, after 12 months from the purchase date: THUS I would be required to pay that $2000 unlock fee, regardless ; even though my receivers say "Terrastar Unlock" = YES.}

Note: the drop down menu, also ONLY shows "Glide; WAAS; and Terrastar-L" ; that were the only choices. (Why wouldn't the other Terrastar options be listed, IF it was truly Unlocked?)

Anyone know a more definitive answer? {I'm thinking I'm going to get hit with a Minimum $2000 fee, regardless, If I proceed}

THANKS

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)