AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

irrigation pond
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

moon1234
Posted 11/23/2022 08:32 (#9945895 - in reply to #9945279)
Subject: RE: irrigation pond

De Forest, WI
[email protected] - 11/22/2022 20:11

I currently irrigate 3 pivots out of a storage pond that is filled by a nearby creek. The silt that is in the water is wearing out the turbine on a yearly basis. We built the pond last year hoping the silt would settle out but although not wearing out the impellers like before when we were pumping directly out of creek we are still wearing the pump bushings and shaft. We have a 150 Hp turbine that sits in a well that is tied in to pond by a horizontal culvert.
The pond was engineered professionally it is 150ft by 50ft - 6 ft deep. Engineer now thinks I need to build a berm and spend a bunch more money. Im thinking just change over to a 150 hp centrifigal.
another improvement might be my intake in to well as it currently sits only a couple feet off bottom of pond.

hoping someone has the issues or same type of setup

Amiad has the sigma pro line of automatic cleaning screen filters. How fine is the silt? I take water out of a moving stream with fine silt, but nowhere near your volume. I am also using drip irrigation so filtration requirement is a lot more stringent.

We have intake in a barrel that sits up off the bottom a couple of feet. This prevents the pump from being fed by any water near the bottom or causing a vortex that stirs up the fine silt. Water comes from closer to the surface. Floating trash just moves across the surface.

The sigma pro line goes up to 1200GPM per filter. You can parallel them to get higher volume. As screen gets loaded the differential pressure goes up. Once it gets to a preset level the screen has a suction scanning nozzle that cleans it while the filter is in use. Fully automatic. Might be able to use something like that and not change a thing, depending how high your silt load is currently at.

https://amiad.com/products/sigma-pro-series-irr/

https://youtu.be/etKjJH786AI

Edited by moon1234 11/23/2022 08:38
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)