AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Neophyte in search of some basic answers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2022 06:39 (#9942711 - in reply to #9941662)
Subject: RE: Neophyte in search of some basic answers

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the above replies. I too, would suggest getting an InCommand 1200 as a second display. As others have mentioned it would be necessary to change several items for a combine that presently has a PF3000 in it.

As far as the planter goes there are many possibilities. You could start out with a very basic setup there which could consist of only a display and GPS. This would allow you to map your varieties without any additional modules. You would need to start/stop the mapping by touching a screen icon.

From that basic layout, various modules can be added through the years to do things such as population monitoring, row shutoffs, up/down force, hydraulic drive, spray or fertilizer control and others. The InCommand 1200 can do all of these in various combinations.

With my own personal planter I use an InCommand 1200 to 1) auto steer the tractor 2) monitor the seed population 3) control the seed sections 4) monitor the down force 5) monitor the starter fertilizer 6) control a spray system on the planter. In addition to these, I could install a hydraulic drive to replace the current ground drive. It might seem that all this would be terribly confusing but the InCommand presents this information in a very workable manner.

In addition to the planter, we use the InCommand 1200 in our Hagie STS 10 sprayer. It controls the spray rate and section control as well as making rate/coverage maps.

Edited by tedbear 11/21/2022 06:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)