AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ezguide 500 in 4wd and drift compensation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

john holland
Posted 11/17/2022 13:20 (#9936643)
Subject: Ezguide 500 in 4wd and drift compensation

SE MN
We don't currently have any guidance equipment. I would like something cheap and simple that can stay in an older 4wd that does spring tillage and nh3 and fall tillage. We have rolling terrain so I think tilt compensation is needed. I am looking at used ezguide 500 with ezsteer and T2 compensation boxes. I would prefer something that steers the center of the wheel to avoid the finger pincher but ezsteer seems to be the most commonly available and economical way to go. Any comments on if this setup will play nice with a 4wd? The steering is very responsive so it may turn into a bucking horse.

I noticed pulling the disk ripper that there is 1-2 ft of drift in the implement on steeper hills (this is error introduced by the implement dragging downhill even if the tractor is exactly where it is supposed to be). Does this guidance setup allow you to adjust for implement drag? I expect that the tilt compensation would only need to be calibrated for the tractor but the drag compensation would need to be adjusted for each implement and possibly changing soil conditions like bean stubble vs. tilled cornstalks. If an ezguide with T2 can't compensate for implement drag, what auto guidance would I need to get to have that option?
Thanks for the help.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)