AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need advice for Router
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/23/2022 12:43 (#9946248 - in reply to #9939701)
Subject: RE: Need advice for Router

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I got an eero 6 system last year. My home layout is that I have a modem and a router in my office on one end of the house where this computer is located. This computer is hard wired to the Router. I also have another computer in my basement some distance from the router so my Internet service is spotty on that device.

In an effort to improve that situation, I purchased an eero 6 system last year. It consists of 3 pieces each of which require 110VAC. The "base" unit is physically located beside my router and is hard wired to it. It broadcasts to/from each of its "brothers" which in turn work on the eero network. I can use it with my phone, tablet or basement computer.

One of the satellite units is located in my dining room and the other in the basement about half way between the router above it in my office and the basement computer. This works well and I can get Internet service throughout the house on my phone and tablet as well as both computers

I was thinking that both of my satellite units needed to be within range of the base unit but the statement above makes me wonder if the base can communicate with the first satellite unit which is in range and that satellite unit could communicate with the other satellite unit which might not be in range of the base. In effect each unit would receive and pass on the information. In other words this would be a way to increase the overall distance between my modem/router and the most distant device. .

Edited by tedbear 11/23/2022 12:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)