AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traction
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 10/27/2022 08:00 (#9903920 - in reply to #9903587)
Subject: RE: Traction

South Central MN
The base module wasn't bad, but when you start adding things like payroll or A/R or enterprise type stuff, then it got far more expensive than Centerpoint set up the same way. Or, at least it was when I demoed it. Looking back at my Traction quotes from a year ago I assume your $2850 includes those modules.

I paid $795 for Centerpoint back in 2019. I can do basic payroll, A/R, and enterprise accounting without any add-ons. If I do need to upgrade to a full A/R module, it is a one-time fee and not a yearly subscription. My yearly cost is $465 for their support package; there is no annual fee for the program itself. If I was proficient with the software I wouldn't even need the support payment. So, with Traction you are paying $2385/yr more than I am currently. After 10 years you will have paid over $23k more for accounting software than I will. That's a really nice vacation.

Perhaps the newer interface and web UI is worth it to some, but I couldn't see it bringing enough extra value to be worth the upgrade over centerpoint. Even if it is just a few cents per bushel, its still thousands of dollars at the end of the year that I can spend on my family instead. I'm not talking down Traction as a product; I'm really excited that there is someone new in the ag-accounting sector and I like what they are doing. Their sales and technical people were also very good to work with during my demo. I just think they are very overpriced compared to the other options available.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)