AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to us JD 8210 transmission question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/23/2022 08:25 (#9857409 - in reply to #9857277)
Subject: RE: New to us JD 8210 transmission question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
We have owned an 8310 since new. As mentioned it is not necessary to use the "clutch" although we do for initial movement mainly from habit due to other tractors. Our 8310 has been rock solid and has been the most trouble free tractor we have ever owned. I did have the harmonic balancer changed at some 5000 hours.

I asked whether the transmission should be recalibrated at that time. The Tech asked if I felt there was a problem to which I replied "No". He didn't think a recalibration was necessary. Basically tires, batteries and routine oil changes are about all that has been done. I guess I did replace the coolant a few years ago. We weren't having any problems but I thought it to be a good idea. I did drain and change the oil in the front hubs, again no problems but I thought it was due.

When I decided to change the front hubs alone, I parked the tractor and got out to check the location of the drain plug on the left front. Much to my surprise I had stopped with the plug on the bottom. I removed the plug and by placing a funnel carefully under the hole was able to direct the old oil to a container. I left and let the oil drain. When I returned I checked the right side to see whether I needed to drive forward or back to get its drain plug on the bottom. Much to my greater surprise the plug on the right side was also on the bottom. I moved my funnel and drained it also. I was then able to move the tractor until the drain/fill plugs were on the side for filling with new oil.

Edited by tedbear 9/23/2022 08:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)