AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

60x80 Cold Storage…
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dave9110
Posted 9/23/2022 09:54 (#9857606 - in reply to #9857473)
Subject: RE: 60x80 Cold Storage…

north-central Indiana west of Fulton
jdironman - 9/23/2022 09:54

I think it depends upon what you are putting in and where you are at. Here we get those cold snowstorms with only 3 or 4” of snow, 40 mph winds fine snow that blows into everything, normally from NW so we have to have a wall facing north or would be more snow in building than out. I like the offset door idea, wish I had done that. Dave you have a beautiful building but today to put in that ceiling you are between 2$ to 3$ a ft to put in. Interior steel has doubled so 1.50 a sq ft before labor, screws and any framing depending upon rafter spacing so that would pay for some doors. But also agree for haying and a lot of livestock farms, important to have easy access and be able to keep balers etc with roof over, your building looks perfect. Back to OP, I would put a big bifold or hydraulic door in one end as wide as you can and call it good. We have a building that is basically all doors in one end wall and really like it. Easy to get equipment in and keeps clutter down between doors. . Those corners just collect clutter and as you said side doors are very expensive.

Yes, you are correct Kevin ,the ceiling was expensive, and didn’t help the bird problem like we thought. It was added a few years after the building was built for $12000 by the builder. It does make the building stronger but was not a big benefit other wise.
For us , the open building is a huge benefit in season, we can get to all tractors and hooked up equipment and nothing ever sits outside.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)