AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Installing gps on an stx
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/23/2022 08:11 (#9857376 - in reply to #9857259)
Subject: RE: Installing gps on an stx

Southern Minnesota
I purchased an older STX-450 on a retirement auction. I'm the 4th owner. Someone along the line installed a Trimble CFX-750 for steering. The CFX 750 is mounted on the right above the armrest via a Ram Mount on a bar across the right window. Three sets of wires go down under the floor mat. The Nav II for the steering is located under the buddy seat. So some of the wires go from the CFX-750 under the floor mat to the Nav II. The antenna wire goes out the rear somewhere. The power cable connects directly to one of the batteries in the battery box. Using the posts in the cab might actually be better. I do unplug the power cable to the CFX-750 when I know the tractor is going to sit for a while. After replacing the batteries and some of the battery cables this year, I installed a battery maintainer which I will leave with the tractor and plug into 110VAC when the tractor is going to sit for a while.

I would not like the idea of the cables running out of the cab through the door seal. It might work a long time but that doesn't seem like the best way to handle the routing.

I have it in the shop right now and will try to take some pictures. We may not live that far apart. I'm in the Wells area. After replacing the batteries and cables, I did have a strange alternator indication. I took the alternator over to Racine yesterday and they went through it and found bad diodes. We reinstalled the repaired alternator and indications seem normal now, at least in the shop.

Edited by tedbear 9/23/2022 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)