AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Case IH's X9 answer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 9/26/2022 06:15 (#9861404 - in reply to #9861352)
Subject: RE: Case IH's X9 answer

ecmn

And when you read and see online where someone buys a fleet of them new, runs them for a few years, then goes back to Deere and not all new, then on a different forum someone shows how to fix the machine-just redesign and rebuild the back end, why would I ever want to even look at one?

I take it you must own a few, what are your experiences?

Yes because one guy is all it takes... some guys you wouldn't let borrow your anvil, but he's YouTube famous so clearly if anyone has any objection they're just jealous and Hate.

When I was at John Deere we did a lot of that re-engineering or product Improvement as well. No company is immune to that

I got to help run demos. My role was actually pretty awesome because I was free to the customer. So how much fun was that whenever I got a call I did my best to help a guy out and when you got done didn't even get charged. When a guy bought a combine from an auction and still got a free guide to help show how to do maintenance and operation of the combine that's a good dealer set up.

For the combine side we had one machine that got hauled and drove all over the state. After a couple hundred hours on it we had just a couple little things like a sieve actuator. Infield performance anytime the salesman said we had to run against an S Series John Deere it was a walk in the park to do better. Better sample less loss better capacity less Fuel per acre, better warranty

Case IH was a tough competitor. They gave a really good sample and went from field to field with hardly an adjustment. Hard to demo machine that you've only had a few hours of Field Time on versus a machine that a guy grew up in. But at the end of the day you could sneak a victory

I suppose for the Lexion combine you're going to say that the village idiot got to outrun a lexion with his S Series John Deere. That had to be the most fraudulent flat out bold lie video there ever was. Behind the scenes the lexion combine destroyed that John Deere and he would not put that in the video. Anyone that watches that channel has to be Dumber by the end of the day

When we demoed the Claas it wasn't a contest in the field but then we also had a lot of data for long-term investment type conversations. I had 35 machines in my computer that I could look at each farm for more specific detail but you could average them machines out and show that on a 3 to 5,000 Acre Farm one machine over 10 years costed you this many dollars versus going with a competitor machine that you got a different machine every 3 to 5 years.
Claas was very data driven. Kind of interesting

On the tractor side it was super fun. We did not just do an 8-hour demo. We did a several day 30 to 40 hour demo and tried to get the machine on as many operations on each Farm as possible. I I carried harnesses with me so if we needed to borrow GPS signal for their monitor or a simple power source I had all that. It's easy to see why John Deere would want to spend the last 25 years trying to copy and catch up to what they have to offer.
Since that thousand series chassis had been out for several years we also had good data on cost of ownership and downtime figures
Not every demo ended in a sale but every demo ended with a really good first impression of the product and the Dealer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)