AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Closest Yellow dealer won’t sell part
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ncianotiller
Posted 9/22/2022 22:23 (#9856924)
Subject: Closest Yellow dealer won’t sell part

First, I try to deal locally as much as I can, but last year local didn’t have what I wanted (supply chain). I tried. Today I had a part on a new to me 2014 CNH draper break. Dealer I purchased from 60 miles away didn’t have part in stock, but their other store 100+ miles from me does. Could get by 4 pm tomorrow…it was after 5 so and I was still working to see exactly what I needed besides major part. Parts man told me my “local” yellow CNH dealer that I’ve purchased from in past, had in stock. They’re 46 miles away. Called them, yes they will check…put on hold. Came back, “yes, we have it. Sorry it’s back ordered and I can’t sell it to you.” Never told him who I was. I asked why?…. He said, BackOrdered. Don’t know when we will get another. me..Really, what are you going to do with it? He said, “We might need it for a customer.” I am a current customer. Told him my name, he looked it up. Yes, I had an account with them. (New 24 row planter 20 years ago that I still have and smaller items and parts over years.) Silence……….Then He told me of four other dealers from 60-105 miles from me that have one or two of 5 in stock. He said he will check with Owner/boss tomorrow at 7:30 and let me know. I may be driving right by them to go get the part I need. I’ll drive on by the next time too….might be a much bigger item then.

This phone conversation won’t be forgotten.

This dealership had an excellent reputation for customer service in the past. I’ll see if I get an explanation from Owner tomorrow.

Is this to be expected? If I had no history with dealership and there weren’t 5 others in stock within 100 miles I could better understand. My in-laws have done business there for 70+ years so not a fly by night outfit.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)