AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Test weight versus yield
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Mark (EC,IN)
Posted 9/23/2022 14:33 (#9857943 - in reply to #9857386)
Subject: RE: and his reply is: crickets.

Schlegel Farms, Hagerstown Indiana

What I'd like to know, and I'm not challenging him on it because I don't know, but the $10.75/bushel base price for corn!

I can't help but think there is more to that story than he's telling.

He lists Minnesota/Kentucky in his profile ........................ I'm not far from Ky. .......... heck, I'd haul corn several miles for a mere $10.00 and undercut him.

One other thing he posted that I will call BS on though......is that he's growing ears that will yield a pound of corn less the cob. I bet he won't prove that either.

I think what bugs me about the whole deal, is how he continually tries to come off as just so much smarter than everyone else.....3D thinking, minds like closed parachutes, etc.

He needs to read this, he could see that Purdue is also not a 3D thinker and  dumb like the rest of us:

https://www.agry.purdue.edu/ext/corn/news/timeless/testweight.html

A couple of lines from the link:

Growers worry about low test weight because local grain buyers often discount their market bids for low test weight grain.
These emotions encourage the belief that high test weight grain (lbs of dry matter per volumetric bushel) is associated with high grain yields (lbs. of dry matter per acre) and vice versa. However, there is little evidence in the research literature that grain test weight is strongly related to grain yield.

Edited by Mark (EC,IN) 9/23/2022 14:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)