AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bring on the meat sweats....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/19/2022 21:48 (#9851937 - in reply to #9851837)
Subject: RE: Bring on the meat sweats....

Pittsburg, Kansas
Not sure.

Wife says she thinks what we have been getting came from Canada but not sure. We get steaks through a commercial place that supplies about 90% of the resturants in Bonaire according to a resident here. He started getting this meat for us and finally wife has been going by herself to the supply place. That is the source of about half the meat we eat.

The other half we just get from one of two or three grocery stores here. Warehouse and Vandentweel.

Some meat here I think comes from Columbia. Quite a lot from the USA.

But for the most part we do not really know. One resident that is a good friend that would know a lot of that info is in the US right now for a couple of weeks so I can't ask him.

The meat we eat appears to be of pretty high quality. You can find some weird stuff and some weird cuts, but we usually do not buy them. One thing that is a bit weird that my wife really likes and buys that she can't find in the US cut the way it is here is thick sliced pork belly. It almost looks like bacon only about 5 times as thick. Some cuts of meat that must be popular in Holland as this is a Dutch island and quite a lot of Dutch products here. Sometimes bacon is very hard to find and when we do find it will be of US origin and brand. Our friend also gets us some bacon when there is none in the grocery stores through the commercial place that sells to resturants. The quantities you have to buy are pretty large though so he splits it up.

I'll have to inquire more some time about origins.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)