AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble add on steering valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/18/2022 06:54 (#9849056 - in reply to #9848863)
Subject: Add on Steering valve with Ag Leader

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I believe the above to be correct. That is with an Integra you could use Ag Leader's Steer Command (original Steer Command not the current Z2) Electronic Control unit, an Ag Leader Wheel position sensor and your current addon valve. The electrical connectors to the valve may need to be changed but that is minor. The hydraulic connections would not need to be changed.

If correct, this would mean that you could obtain an original Steer Command ECU, Ag Leader Wheel position sensor and the associated wiring. You would NOT be able to use the Trimble Nav or the Trimble auto sense wheel position sensor with your displays. The Nav and auto sense would either be traded in or sold on the secondary market. Apparently you do not have a Trimble compatible display so that is not an issue.

I did something fairly similar a few years ago. I had purchased a Deere 8120 new without any Deere auto steer components (it was an option at the time). I had a steering unlocked Insight, Trimble Nav II, Trimble auto sense wheel position sensor and external valve added to the tractor. This worked fine. Later in time, Ag Leader had a trade-up program that allowed me to trade in the Insight, Nav II, Trimble auto sense and GPS towards an Ag Leader InCommand 1200, Ag Leader GPS 6500, Original Steer Command ECU and Ag Leader wheel position sensor. My addon on valve was reused.

Also I had an older Deere 8310 with a Trimble CFX-750, Nav II, Trimble auto sense WAS. That was traded toward another Ag Leader InCommand 1200, Ag Leader GPS 6500, Original Steer Command ECU and Ag Leader wheel position sensor. That addon valve was also able to be reused.

In both cases the addon valve that had been used previously were reused and work fine. The electrical connectors needed to be changed and the systems calibrated. The Ag Leader Wheel Position Sensor was needed since the Trimble auto sense could not be reused.

As mentioned in the post above Ag Leader now uses their own steering ECU named Steer Command Z2 (don't know why they didn't choose a completely different name). The Ag Leader InCommand displays can work with either the original Steer Command ECU or the newest Steer Command Z2. The older displays such as your Integra will not work with the newest Steer Command Z2 systems. Part of the reason is that the Z2 uses a separate connector that is only present on the InCommand displays for communication with the Z2 ECU.

I have a Steer Command Z2 and also Ag Leader's Steady Steer in other vehicles but that doesn't pertain to your situation.

Edited by tedbear 9/18/2022 09:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)