AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PWM Hydraulic Drive-Tedbear?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Landon.B
Posted 9/16/2022 21:47 (#9847564 - in reply to #9846153)
Subject: RE: PWM Hydraulic Drive-Tedbear?

Hardin County, IA
Ok, did some more testing this evening. The hydraulics seem to be correct, with no power to the solenoid it will not go forward or backward. With 12v applied it would run normally with the correct rotation. I also tried using A and B to go to the motor and it wouldn't even run with that arrangement. I found a couple pictures I took during disassembly that I will add that makes me think the hydraulics are correct the way I have them. I think you guys are correct there was a "pass through" of sorts to go to the fan motors (shown in before pics). After doing some more testing with the current arrangement, P= pressure from tractor A= Hydraulic motor pressure and the other side of the motor returning to the tractor we noticed an issue. The motor runs fine but will not adjust on the Integra in manual mode with the up and down arrows. However when outside standing next to the motor it will briefly pause (1/2 sec at most) every 20 seconds or so. With the hydraulics live and the hydraulic motor turning I pulled the solenoid off of the cartridge stem and the motor continued to run for a couple seconds, almost as if the plunger is sticking inside. We took out the cartridge and everything looks fine although when we applied 12v it seems kind of sluggish and doesn't "snap" like it seems it should. We are thinking the cartridge is bad from sitting or possibly got bumped during removal it is slightly bent (have experienced a similar issue before on a Hagie sprayer). Does this theory sound legitimate? I understand it's hard to troubleshoot through a computer screen, I appreciate the help or any ideas to further test. The driveline behind the hydraulic motor turns easily by hand so I do not think that there is an issue there. The P/N on the cartridge is -PV70-30A which is a normally closed valve when not energized. In the pictures showing the original planter setup the hoses that I wrote on are the two hoses to and from the hydraulic drive motor.
Thanks for the help and ideas guys, I appreciate it.

(20220701_194349 (full).jpg)

(20220701_194346 (full).jpg)

(20220701_194341 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20220701_194349 (full).jpg (129KB - 71 downloads)
Attachments 20220701_194346 (full).jpg (130KB - 57 downloads)
Attachments 20220701_194341 (full).jpg (133KB - 62 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)