AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

accounting software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tigger
Posted 9/11/2022 17:15 (#9840041 - in reply to #9817335)
Subject: RE: accounting software

Iowa
I've used some purchased accounting software in the past, but like spreadsheets better. The spreadsheet platform I'm currently using for the farm started nearly 20 years ago. It was simple in the beginning, but has had several functions added to it over the years. A lot of what it does is not available on other accounting software and/or is specific to my farm. Other than having Excel, the subscription and update headaches associated with purchased accounting software have been eliminated.

I also use spreadsheets to do the books for some nonprofit groups. They are simple cash accounting done in mostly table format and tweaked to produce whatever reports are needed. I took part of one of those, tweaked it a little, inserted a basic farming chart of cash accounts, and entered a few transactions to show how it could work for simple cash accounting on a farm. These are just tables, not pivot tables. Some advantages of the tables are the capabilities to be expanded or contracted to the amount of space needed, and the ability to sort the entries by name, account, date, or other criteria. It's still very crude. A lot of things could be done to make it look better if one wants to put the time into it.

I'll attach a copy below. I would not recommend using it for accounting unless you are somewhat experienced with Excel. It's not been used for real as it sits, so you need to make sure the formulas are working properly if you use it. None of the formulas are locked, so they can be accidently overwritten or intentionally tweaked to your liking.

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Accounting simple cash.xlsx (82KB - 46 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)