AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (2) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bought a drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format
Posted 8/15/2022 09:15 (#9797702 - in reply to #9797385)
Subject: RE: Bought a drone

North Central Iowa
Yes and no.

If you are flying for fun/recreational purposes, the only requirement is to go thru the FAA's TRUST certificate training. Can be done online in under an hour and does not expire.

If you are flying for commercial purposes (flying over your own fields makes you commercial), then you need to be test and be certified thru the FAA's Part 107 certification process. That is good for 2 years and then have to renew.

If your drone weighs over 0.55 pounds, it must be registered thru the FAA and have the FAA registration number located on the outside of the main body of the drone. That costs $5/drone and is good for 3 years before you have to renew it for another $5.

All of this info plus more info on TRUST and Part 107 can be found at:

Hope this helps!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)