AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

steering valve
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/6/2022 10:19 (#9783074 - in reply to #9782810)
Subject: RE: steering valve

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have an 8310 and an 8120. Both required an external steering valve to be used with Trimble or Ag Leader systems. The external valves are mounted on the rear of the cab just below the rear window. A pair of hoses connect to the fittings below the SCV stack. A pair of hoses goes under the cab and tees into the steering lines under the steering wheel. This is the area above the batteries. A sensor is attached to the Deere diagnostic port and sense when you turn the wheel to disengage. They both require an external steering position sensor so the system knows which direction the wheels are pointing.

My 8120 has the ILS front end and the steering valve appears to be physically larger than the one on the 8310 which could not have an ILS frond end. I assume this is because the steering cylinders are larger on the ILS models. They both work well. I used an Ag Leader Insight with one and a Trimble 750 with a Nav II on the other. Later I was able to use an Ag Leader trade-up program to get newer displays and a different electronic unit for each.

The 8120 used to be the planting tractor and the steering was fine for that. Now it basically is only used on the grain cart so auto steering is not used much. I probably could remove it and resell the parts but I might regret the decision someday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)