AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yet another h-pattern vs iso post....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

kipps
Posted 8/6/2022 08:55 (#9782974 - in reply to #9782921)
Subject: RE: yet another h-pattern vs iso post....

Madison Co. Virginia
Brahamfiremen - 8/6/2022 09:22
It's just awkward to push my arm forward, and try to twist my wrist to control the bucket while moving. Its 2 completely different actions, using both sides of the brain. ISO uses the right side of the brain for machine movement and the left side of the brain for loader function.

I don't think you'll find any iota of science to back that up. It's entirely what you get used to. I have absolutely no problem making an H-pattern machine do what I want; I just have to think that I want to move this scoop of feed from here to there, and it happens. There's no more conscious thought going into it than if I was using a hand shovel to accomplish the same thing.

I have no doubt that many people are as comfortable using ISO as I am using H pattern. I just really like H pattern from the mechanical simplicity aspect. The joystick axis are directly corresponding to what's happening, and there's no mechanical wizardry required to translate the stick movement into something the hydrostats and control valves can use.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)