AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yet another h-pattern vs iso post....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

977.3Ford
Posted 8/5/2022 21:14 (#9782489 - in reply to #9782302)
Subject: RE: yet another h-pattern vs iso post....

SW Ohio
ISO is definitely the better all-around option. I've ran 30 hours straight in our skid steers plowing snow and its just so easy to use one hand, a knee, elbow, whatever to keep the thing moving while the other hand is holding a phone, coffee thermos, or slapping yourself to stay awake. When working in tight areas with a lot of backing up you can sit a bit sideways in the seat like a tractor and do all your travel with your left hand. Its also handy to put somebody new in an ISO machine if they have any other front loader experience since your right stick is working the same. I will admit there have been a few hairy occasions where i would like the direct control of the drive like a H pattern or hand/foot machine, but never once has it crossed my mind to go back to the dark ages.

Also one of the Cats we used to have(switched to Kubota) had a creeper option which was very handy when trenching. I could set my travel speed with the trencher and hold the left stick all the way back and maintain speed. Just a nice little touch on big trenches.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)