AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/6/2022 14:34 (#9783387 - in reply to #9783096)
Subject: RE: Combine auto steer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Yes, I would say so. Auto swath will likely NOT change the swath width from 40' to 39' since the change is so minor. Technically the yield would be off slightly. The acres will be accumulating a bit faster than they should, the volume would not be affected so the indicated Yield/acre would be slightly reduced. This should be relative for the entire field so variations within the field will still be relative. The total acres for a field will likely be a bit high anyway and this can be adjusted after the fact.

I guess for my situation I could set my head as 34' and guidance would then default to 34'. When I doing the headlands, the first pass would actually be 35' with some partial passes to clean up the remaining rows and a bit of the main part of the field.

Concerning the main part of the field: It would be slightly incorrect with a head width of 34' because the strike through passes will really be 35'. It would be slightly incorrect with a head width of 35' for the return passes. It really won't matter anyway as the error from field to field should be reasonably similar as far as making a yield/variety comparison.

Edited by tedbear 8/6/2022 14:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)