AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine auto steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/7/2022 07:02 (#9784241 - in reply to #9783940)
Subject: RE: Combine auto steer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I tried cutting rowed beans at an angle manually in the past but found I don't drive very straight. With the 35' head, my unloading auger will reach the grain cart but would be quite close if the cart driver tried to center on the auger. This really hasn't been much of a problem as our cart size is such that we need to unload once per round. The result is that the cart is not full but wouldn't hold another dump so the cart operator unloads in the truck each time. This means the cart starts out empty each time and does not need to be centered on the unloading auger which provides a bit more cushion between the cart and the combine.

My hope with the assisted steering is that the combine passes will be straight. The cart tractor does have auto steer (WAAS correction) and I'm hopeful that the cart driver might use auto steer while unloading on the go. Since both the combine and cart tractor use Ag Leader components setting an A+ line on the combine and an A+ line with the same heading on the cart tractor should result in parallel passes. It might be necessary to nudge to get the desired gap but should be OK after that. The combine will be using TeraStar and the cart will just be WAAS for correction.

Maybe it will be just be easier to eyeball the distance and steer the cart tractor manually. I realize Ag Leader has Cart Ace for such situations but I don't really want to get involved with the unlocks, internet connections etc.

Edited by tedbear 8/7/2022 09:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)