AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
Search Forums | Classifieds (71) | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New license from the FAA?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format
Posted 8/2/2022 19:21 (#9777712)
Subject: New license from the FAA?

Mazon, IL
Is this legitimate? Got this email a few weeks ago. Appears to be from the FAA. Never fly my drone anywhere but over my farm.

Dear Registered Drone Owner,

The summer flying season is here! Before you step outside to fly your drone, we want to remind you about The Recreational UAS Safety Test or TRUST. Federal law outlines how, when, and where you can fly drones for recreational purposes. It also requires all recreational flyers to take and pass an aeronautical knowledge and safety test, and provide proof of test passage to the FAA or law enforcement if asked. If you’ve already taken TRUST – thank you! Your TRUST certificate never expires, so keep a copy in a safe place. If you haven’t taken TRUST yet, you must do so before your next flight. TRUST is free and available on-line from 18 different FAA-approved test administrators. Most recreational flyers complete TRUST in about 20 minutes, and there is no minimum age requirement to take the test.

Edited by SEBneil 8/2/2022 19:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)