AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Legacy vs Z2 Steercommand
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 8/6/2022 09:03 (#9782985 - in reply to #9777789)
Subject: Concerning my switch to Steady Steer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I recently installed Steady Steer in my Deere 9770 as a test. I was able to install everything but not button it up nicely. I needed to move the InCommand and GPS back to the Hagie for fungicide work on soybeans. Now that is finished so I can move the InCommand and GPS back to the combine and complete my preseason testing in the combine.

When I had it in the combine, I did a rough calibration with estimated measurements. I will repeat the calibration procedure again. The calibration seemed to be successful but when I tried it, I wasn't able to bring it up as I expected.

I believe that when I switched from SteerCommand to SteerCommand Z2 in the tractor, I started over in the sense that I created a new tractor with the Z2 which was successful. Later I deleted the "old" tractor configuration. This seemed to work fine.

The combine configuration never included any type of assisted or autosteer in its setup. Does this mean that I should create a "new" combine from scratch and then later delete the "old" combine although they will in fact be the same combine? The reason I ask is that after doing the full calibration I wanted to test the steering by setting an AB line and then try it. I couldn't choose the combine configuration that day because the mass flow sensor module was not in the combine. I thought that I could just choose a generic guidance setup but was not successful.

Obviously I will be using the mass flow sensor in the combine for harvest so that will not be an issue. I guess I can just connect it and not fully install it. I've seen what mice can do to the soft material in the mass flow sensors so I always remove mine. If it it sits on a shelf in the open, the mice leave it alone but if it remains in the combine they love to chew on the soft material.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)