AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why is my 7290R shaking horribly above 5.5mph?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 7/3/2022 13:11 (#9732004)
Subject: Why is my 7290R shaking horribly above 5.5mph?

South Central MN
Have a 7290r with tls, ivt, 380 fronts and 480 rears. Haven't had any issues all year, now if I go over 5.5 mph it pulsate horribly. Engine sounds normal, and pulsating is not tied to engine speed or ground speed. It just stays at a constant shake no matter what.

Had a local mechanic who's usually very good come look at it yesterday. Of course, when he rode the mechanic magic showed up and the shake was way reduced. He said it was just wheel vibration, and to add more air to 30psi. Pic below is what the machine is running, so it isn't a ton of weight. We added air, and machine road fine. Now the bad vibration is back again. I can't believe that it is wheel noise at this point. Machine has air brakes. Any ideas?

Edit:it appears the shaking is indeed intermittent. It shook horribly coming out of a field so I parked it and turned it off for 10 minutes, and it now rides like a dream for a 30 minute drive. I feel like there's a solenoid or something not opening/closing all the way and it gets reset when I restart. That'd explain why it wasn't bad for the mechanic, because we'd had the tractor shut off checking wheel bolts when he showed up.

Edit 2: there also seems to be a pulsing sound that matches the vibrations from the rear of the tractor. My dad and mechanic couldn't hear it but I swear it's there. Feels like something hydraulic pulsing on and off quickly.

Edited by chirpfarm 7/3/2022 15:30

(20220629_133840.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20220629_133840.jpg (147KB - 69 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)