AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Owning sprayer vs hiring it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Kooiker
Posted 7/2/2022 23:00 (#9731345 - in reply to #9731261)
Subject: RE: Owning sprayer vs hiring it

AGDEAL - 7/2/2022 21:42 I cover 3500-4000 a year with a $9500 redball. No regrets and no payments. I bet I save 1/3 on chemicals. Haven’t figured spraying cost for a while but I bet I’m $5 an acre between depreciation, repairs fuel support equipment ect

Unless you're pulling it with an expensive $/hour tractor I'd bet you're a long ways under $5/acre.

Were dragging around an old Redball sprayer that cost $9000 10 years ago behind a 35 year old tractor that might be worth $20k.   

I'm fairly confident that were under $2/applied acre all in on running the sprayer.     Repairs have been very minimal on both the tractor and sprayer.    Even with expensive fuel the $'s/acre for fuel pulling the sprayer around isn't much.   Labor/acre isn't much spread over the acres/hour and I'm paying myself.   I'd be hard pressed to find an easier job that payed better that I'm qualified for.    Our support equipment is barely worth mentioning.   A running gear with a wooden bed, water tank and mixing cone.   None of it is pretty but it works.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)