AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tough animals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kagen
Posted 7/2/2022 09:34 (#9730524 - in reply to #9730287)
Subject: RE: tough animals

Panhandle of Ne.
johnny skeptical - 7/2/2022 06:08

Back in the day, our main source of spending cash was from trapping/coon hunting. Probably go a couple times a week if time allowed.

One time we were heading to a friend's place to get the dog.
On the way a coon crossed the road in front of us, so we pull over and I jump out with my trusty single shot Remington. 22.

Chased it down into ditch and then into a big box culvert that I could run through. Across the other end there was a woven wire fence. I'm pretty sure the coon could have got through it pretty easily, but he decide to turn and face me.

So there he was looking at me, snarling and hissing all the while advancing towards me. Took aim, pulled the trigger thought I got a solid hit on it. But wherever I hit it wasn't a kill shot, instead it put that coon into full mad mode and he started to come after me, in my haste I had forgot to bring anymore ammo.

So i decided full retreat was my best option. My compatriots later on said they've never laughed so hard in their young lives.

There I was running for all I was worth down the ditch, screaming like alittle school girl, with a severely pi$$ed off racoon hot on my heels. After abit I stopped and started swinging at the coon with my gun.

The coon musta took stock of the situation and decided escape was the better option.

Away it went never to be seen again.

Thanks for the good laugh! I’d of give a hundred bucks to watch that :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)