AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Update to RTK guidance jumping...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farminsmall
Posted 6/30/2022 16:44 (#9728224 - in reply to #9728170)
Subject: RE: Update to RTK guidance jumping...

swmn
Just quick glanced at your other thread but didn't see any mention of trying a different rtk source. It's pretty easy to get mncors credentials and try using the mndot network just to rule out some weird digifarm glitch.

That said, we run a couple Trimble Autopilots using the mncors network and your sudden position jump sounds similar to something that happens periodically on our Trimble equipment. When it happens the display shows a degraded gps warning and your position jumps instantly a couple feet. The difference is that autoguidance is kicked out when the warning occurs and will not be available until the system can re-acquire an rtk fix. This could take anywhere from a couple seconds to ten minutes in my experience. Sometimes this happens a couple times a day, sometimes we can run for days without any issue. I've never been able to pinpoint the cause. Some years are definitely better than others. We run one FM1000 and one 2050 and both act the same.

I'm sure you issue is different but just throwing it out there that there may be similar issues going on with vrs type corrections on other manufacturer's systems as well. Good luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)