AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Com contract cliff notes please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kyfarm70
Posted 6/30/2022 08:59 (#9727677)
Subject: Com contract cliff notes please

kentucky
I will have 79 heifers at approx. avg. of 720# in early september, all should be within 75#spread lowest to highest weight, black, backgrounded etc. On pasture and daily feed - 0.75%bw/head/day of feed.

These will sell as a pot load with a couple few pulled off if the truck get too heavy.

Here are my questions:

I know there is a Commodity price for fats and a price for feeders. Is the feeder price just the fat price minus what it costs on average per day to turn a feeder into a fat?

Is there an industry standard for $/day it costs to turn a feeder into a fat?

Is the fat price all ready posted for Jan 21 and Fed 21? Where is the easiest place to check these contract prices?

I'm trying to figure out approx what the price should be in September so I can know if i can afford to buy more feed and up the #/hd/day as it looks like the drought is going to make it to central kentucky and I don't want these calves to start stagnating due to my plan of growth thru pasture not playing out like I planned. I all ready pre-paid for enough feed to get to September at the rate I'm feeding now. This wouldn't have been much of a big deal in the past because of affordable feed prices, but now........

ask questions if I wasn't clear, any help is appreciated
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)